Friday, August 19, 2016

TANYA'S LIFE LESSON #6 LEARNED ON THE BACK OF A HARLEY!

TANYA'S LIFE LESSON #6 LEARNED ON THE BACK OF A HARLEY - SOMEBODY IS ALWAYS GOING TO HAVE BETTER TOYS THAN YOURS!
We didn't have a Road King or touring bike. I didn't have a big comfy seat with arm rests and speakers and a cooler next to me I could reach in and grab beverages out of! We didn't even have a cup holder! We didn't have blue tooth, but we did have an old iPod with a splitter we plugged ear buds into! And it was awesome!! I could have looked around and thought I was missing out because I didn't have what someone else parked next to me had. But I was still on a frickin' Harley!!! Maybe the next long trip will have a few more bells and whistles, but there wasn't a thing wrong with what we did have. It's okay to make plans for an upgrade when you can, but don't let that stop you from enjoying what you have in the moment! Keep in mind, you will probably never go back to camping in a tent once you get that camper, and you will never go back to a camper once you have an RV with a TV and a freezer and air conditioning and a memory form mattress. And chances are you wont go back to the RV when you decide motels are the way to vacation. But don't you remember how much fun you had in that tent?? Even when it rained and the air went out of your mattress? I will have amazing memories from this trip, sore butt and all! I wouldn't change a thing! So quit looking around at what you don't have and start enjoying the heck out of what you do have. And keep in mind, while you are envying someone else's toys, there are a whole lot of people out there wishing they had just a little of what you have inside your toy box!!


No comments:

Post a Comment