Friday, August 19, 2016

TANYA'S LIFE LESSON #12 LEARNED ON THE BACK OF A HARLEY!

TANYA'S LIFE LESSON #12 LEARNED ON THE BACK OF A HARLEY – YOU WILL END UP WITH EXCESS BAGGAGE!

In the mornings we wore layers to keep us warm, but as the day progressed, we started shedding the things we no longer needed. Problem was, we had nowhere to put them. The saddle bags were already full! So we shoved sweatshirts down inside the handlebars and bungeed coats over the duffel bags .It was kind of annoying. After a couple of days of this I decided to tie both of our sweatshirts around my waist to get them out of the way. As I situated them under me on the seat I realized they actually made great butt cushions. But when the temperature shot up over 100 degrees, those darn sweatshirts got really hot wrapped around me. Annoying again! So I tried tying them to the sissy bar instead. I discovered by doing this they were each folded in half under me and I now had twice the butt cushion! Instead of staying frustrated about what to do with all that excess baggage, I found a way to use it to bring comfort to my current butt hurt! In life we tend to have baggage we don't know what to do with. Sometimes we just want it out of our way, and sometimes we want to hide it so no one knows we ever had it in the first place! But those things are part of our journey, part of what got us to where we are. We can get angry because they take up space and we may want to just throw them away. But,keep in mind, the now excess baggage also includes the lessons we've learned along the way. and the memories, and even some good things that came out of them. We can't erase the past anyway, so why not find a way to use it for good? A little reflection and application of lessons learned may ease some of our future butt hurt! And maybe, if we are willing to share our experiences, we could bring comfort to someone else's butt hurt as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment